Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I have read and understood author guidelines before uploading the manuscript.
- I have noted that submissions made from 24 July 2017 onwards will experience article processing charges of R5000 when my submision has satisfactorily underwent a peer-review process and has been accepted for publication.
- Added continuous line numbering in the original manuscript in groups of 5 lines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed, i.e., no author names and their affiliations in the original manuscript.
- The text adheres to the bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, e.g. Harvard referencing style.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- This is my/our own work, and all reasonable measures have been taken to acknowledge work by others.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided and DOIs have been included as part of the references.
- The text adheres to the stylistic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. e.g. font face, size, line spacing, numbering etc.
- A list of proposed reviewers will be added in Comments to the Editor.
Copyright remains with the author(s).
Publishing rights remain with the author(s)
All articles published in JESA can be re-used under the following CC license: CC BY-SA Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Please refer to the SA POPI Act.