Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The Guide to Authors has been consulted and formatting instructions adhered to.
- Four reviewers have been recommended and their contact details (email) provided.
- Any conflicts of interest have been declared in the cover letter.
- Any necessary permissions have been obtained for the reuse of data, figures or tables.
- An ORCID has been provided for the corresponding author.
- Author contributions are listed in a separate section at the end of the manuscript.
- The total length of the manuscript does not exceed 8000 words in the case of a research paper or rapid communication, or 4000 words in the case of a short communication or technical note.
- The following file types are ready for upload: Publishing Agreement, Cover letter, Recommended reviewers, Main document, Supplementary material (if applicable), and, in the case of revised manuscript submission, Figures and Response to reviewers.
- The following information is ready to be submitted: title, abstract, keywords, authors' names, affiliations, ORCIDs, contact details.
The content of this journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence. Users are permitted to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal under the terms of this Licence, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author, provided the source is attributed. Copyright is retained by the authors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.