Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I have read and understood author guidelines before uploading the manuscript.
- Added continuous line numbering in the original manuscript in intervals of 5 lines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed (Articles) section of the journal, the instructions to Ensure a Blind Review have been followed, i.e., no author names and their affiliations in the original manuscript.
- The text comply the bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, e.g. Harvard referencing style.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor, in case it has been submitted elsewhere as conference paper).
- Text complies with the bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, e.g. Harvard referencing style.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- This is my/our own work, and all reasonable measures have been taken to acknowledge work by others and avoid plagiarism.
- Where applicable, URLs for the references have been provided, including DOIs, as part of the references.
- A list of proposed reviewers was gathered as much as possible according to author guidelines and will be added under Comments to the Editor during this submission process (in Step 1).
- I have used the typeface and point size of respectively Times New Roman and 12pt.
- I have added authors' ORCiDs (including co-authors').
Copyright remains with the author(s).
Publishing rights remain with the author(s)
All articles published in JESA can be re-used under the following CC license: CC BY-SA Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Personal data collected is dealt with in accordance with the South African POPI Act, South Africa's equivalent of the EU GDPR.