Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I am the author / We are the authors of the contribution that has been submitted for publication in PER/PELJ.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or RTF document file format. (The preferred programme is Microsoft Word.)
- The contribution has not been submitted elsewhere, nor has it been published before. It is entirely original and contains no borrowings from other published works that could cause PER/PELJ or any other party legal liability of any kind. Each and every significant contribution to and citation in the submitted contribution have been attributed to and properly referenced.
- The contribution does not contain any defamatory material nor does it infringe the rights of any third party or parties, nor is the Author / Authors’ copyright limited by any obligations or liabilities.
The contribution has been written with due diligence and meets all requirements for this type of text in terms of academic content and language correctness and it meets all formal requirements, including length prescriptions (footnotes included and bibliography excluded):
• Article: 7-10 000 words
• Note: 5- 7000 words
• Case Note: 5-10 000 words
- There is nothing in the manuscript which might reveal the identity of the author(s) to the reviewers. The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. Instructions on how to ensure a Blind Review is available at https://pkp.gitbooks.io/learning-ojs/content/ensuring_a_blind_peer_review.html.
- I / We give permission that the contribution may be downloaded, distributed and duplicated/reused without restriction, as long as credit is given to the original creator in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license, accessible at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
- I / We are aware that PER/PELJ charges an article processing fee of ZAR 120.00 per (electronic) page for editorial costs plus 15% VAT, which amount must be invoiced before the contribution is published on the website of PER/PELJ.
The text adheres to the bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal, including:
• 1.15 line spacing
• Arial 12 pt font
• 1.5 lines after each paragraph
• Longer quotes blocked (10 pt font and 1 cm indent left and right) with no quotation marks.
- I / We are aware that the final decision on the type of contribution (oratio, article, note, case note or book review) rests with the editors.
- I / We have familiarised ourselves with the policies of PER/PELJ and is / are in agreement with them.
- I / We herewith grant PER the exclusive license for multiple publishing of the submitted contribution in all known forms and formats, particularly for making and keeping copies of the contribution, reproducing it using any technique, including printing and saving electronic versions, on any and all known storage devices – in particular those using the Internet as a medium; and using all known IT-systems, in particular using the Internet as a medium.
- By submitting this contribution for consideration, I am / we are committed to review a maximum of two contributions per year for PER/PELJ.
- I / we are aware that PELJ/PER subscribes to plagiarism detection software and all contributions submitted to the journal will be scanned to verify originality.
- I am / we are aware of the that by submitting a contribution to PER / PELJ, I accept the terms and conditions of the agreement set out above, and in the Author Guidelines in About this Journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright in all material published in PER/PELJ vests in the author, provided that authors grant, by submission of their contributions, permission that their contributions may be shared and adapted without restriction. An author furthermore agrees that the same contribution may not be published elsewhere without the written permission of the editor.
Anyone gaining access, electronically or otherwise, to a contribution to PER, may quote from such contribution, use the intellectual content thereof, share and adapt it, but subject to the following conditions:
you must give appropriate credit, provide a link and indicate if changes were made; and
the copyright of the author(s) may not be infringed in any way.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.